The advantage of O2 Barrier
The world-first silage clamp sheeting and vacuum combination. One sheet transforms into two providing the ultimate silage clamp sealing!
More effective silage clamp sealing with reduced workload.
O2 Barrier 2in1 silage clamp sheeting is an innovative combination of 80µm polyethylene silage sheet film and 20µm polyamide vacuum film in a single sheet. This unique silage clamp sealing product offers up to ten times less oxygen permeability, and at least as much strength, as conventional sheeting systems – ensuring the rapid formation and sustainability of anaerobic conditions in any clamp of ensiled, moist feed.
The silage sheet and adherent vacuum film combination allows quick and easy sheeting of a clamp in one step. Within a short time of being laid the vacuum film absorbs moisture from the silage and separates from the top film, it is then sucked down onto the silage surface, creating an air-tight seal.
When the clamp is opened the two sheet layers are separated completely and can be recycled or disposed of. Being 40% lighter than conventional sheeting systems, recycling and disposal costs are reduced.
Better silage clamp sealing
- up to ten times better oxygen barrier*
- better long-term preservation
- reduced fermentation losses*
- minimize top and shoulder waste
Save time in silage clamp sheeting
- cover silage in one step and halve the time it takes to sheet your clamp!
- reduced product weight*
*when compared with standard silage sheet systems
Turning the Corner in Clamp Protection
David Warner, our Southern Area sales manager, has come up with what we think is a very simple, but highly effective way of making an O2 Barrier 2in1 covered clamp really airtight.
This simple method of sealing a clamp with the top quality silage sheet O2 Barrier 2in1, ensures full contact between the polyamide vacuum film layer of the sheet and the silage, right to the edge of the clamp. It also stops almost all the rain water from the top of the clamp from running down between the side sheet and the clamp wall (water is channelled to the front of the clamp), providing a level of protection to your valuable feed crop that really doesn’t get any better.
We’ve christened this method of sheeting the ‘Warner Corner’.
The Making of a Warner Corner
1. Use side sheets with a surplus of at least 1 to 2 metres on each side
2. When ordering your O2 Barrier 2in1 ask for a size that will give you at least 1 to 1.5 metres surplus on each side
3. Cover the clamp with the O2 Barrier 2in1, draping the surplus sheet over the clamp walls on top of the side sheets
4. Place gravel bags tight to the edge of the clamp on top of the O2 Barrier 2in1
5. Now bring the side sheet AND top sheet together and fold inwards over the gravel bags and weight down both sheets with ClampNet Gold and further gravel bags or ClampTiles
6. This creates your Warner Corner – a complete airtight seal