Independent trials show almost half the additive applied to silage can be lost using standard delivery equipment.
This can be exacerbated by using incorrectly placed and poorly calibrated equipment, or some that’s simply not up to the job.
Fitting the right applicator in the right place can therefore offer substantial waste reduction and financial savings. This is why Kelvin Cave introduced Silaspray SP Compact, a high-performance, hi-spec, stainless steel pump, engineered and manufactured in Germany and offering some key advantages over other applicators, per below.
• Can be fitted to forage wagons, balers and forage harvesters
• Applies both liquid biological and chemical silage additives
• Is operated from a simple, in cab, electronic control with digital display of flow rate
• Delivers from 30 to 500 litres/hour at a high operating pressure
• Nozzles include non-return valves to give even and consistent distribution • Optional auto cut-off switch to stop pump when machine is not in crop
For further information including details on the best positions for nozzles, read pages 4-5 of an archived edition of KnowHow (Spring 2014), located in the Science Centre on our website under newsletters. Or simply talk to us at Kelvin Cave (01458 252281).