David Warner, our Southern Area sales manager, has come up with what we think is a very simple, but highly effective way of making an O2 Barrier 2in1 covered clamp really airtight.
This simple method of sealing a clamp with the top quality silage sheet O2 Barrier 2in1, ensures full contact between the polyamide vacuum film layer of the sheet and the silage, right to the edge of the clamp. It also stops almost all the rain water from the top of the clamp from running down between the side sheet and the clamp wall (water is channelled to the front of the clamp), providing a level of protection to your valuable feed crop that really doesn’t get any better.
We’ve christened this method of sheeting the ‘Warner Corner’.
Give it a try for yourself and let us know what you think.
The Making of a Warner Corner
- Use side sheets with a surplus of at least 1 to 2 metres on each side
- When ordering your O2 Barrier 2in1 ask for a size that will give you at least 1 to 1.5 metres surplus on each side
- Cover the clamp with the O2 Barrier 2in1, draping the surplus sheet over the clamp walls on top of the side sheets
- Place gravel bags tight to the edge of the clamp on top of the O2 Barrier 2in1
- Now bring the side sheet AND top sheet together and fold inwards over the gravel bags and weight down both sheets with ClampNet and further gravel bags or ClampTiles
- This creates your Warner Corner – a complete airtight seal